NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Author Topic: What is H.A.L.T. and how YOU utilize it in your recovery?  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Kat

• Trusted Servant
  • Old_Timer
    • NA-Recovery.org
What is H.A.L.T. and how YOU utilize it in your recovery?
« on: August 03, 2012, 04:52:57 PM »
What is H.A.L.T. and how YOU utilize it in your recovery?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:59:07 PM by Kat »
"FAITH is when you have come to the edge of all the light that you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown... Faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly."

Offline HopeisFound

• clean Date- 9-1-07
Re: What is H.A.L.T. and how YOU utilize it in your recovery?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 10:25:52 AM »
This has proved to be a very, very important little tid bit for me.

HALT

Hungry
Angry
Lonely
Tired

At times I find myself feeling very short tempered for no apparent reason so i stop and ask myself these 4 simple questions and 99% of the time at least one of them applies! If I am hungry, I eat something. If I am angry, I check myself for fear because for me most of the time if I am angry it is attached to fear for some reason and my fears are generally False Evedence appearing Real. If I am lonely I go to a meeting, call my sponsor or call another woman in recovery. If I am tired and still at work i will take moment breaks and repeat a little 3 line montra in my head,,,concentrating on my breathing I repeat,,, I am happy, I am healthy, I am free and this always works for me to improve my energy level. Bed time that night will be a bit earlier than normal.
These 4 simple questions apply to so many different situations in my life! To many to mention here but the bottom line is it works!!

With Love and Fellowship
Linda