NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Author Topic: Before you were in recovery, did you know that you were an addict?  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Kat

• Trusted Servant
  • Old_Timer
    • NA-Recovery.org
Before you were in recovery, did you know that you were an addict?   Did that help or hinder you in the beginning of your recovery journey?
"FAITH is when you have come to the edge of all the light that you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown... Faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly."

Offline Jokkur

Re: Before you were in recovery, did you know that you were an addict?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 09:29:50 PM »
Yes i new i was an addict i didnt care thought i could handle this addiction.Boy was i wrong littlle did i know that near death expierence was what brought me here.Everything hapens for a reason though and I m so happy to be here.

Offline deebee

• I'm New Here
Re: Before you were in recovery, did you know that you were an addict?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 10:26:51 AM »
Yes and No, I knew I was heading in the wrong direction and that I would end up in a bad spot but i was convinced I had everything under control because I didn't use as much as most people. But coming into recovery I realized I DO have a problem, if i cant stop for more than  a week at a time then that's a BIG one. It has taken over me.