NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Author Topic: What is 'relapse mode'? How can I stop 'relapse mode' from becoming 'relapse'?  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Kat

• Trusted Servant
  • Old_Timer
    • NA-Recovery.org
What is 'relapse mode'?  How can I stop 'relapse mode' from becoming 'relapse'?
"FAITH is when you have come to the edge of all the light that you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown... Faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly."

Offline HopeisFound

• clean Date- 9-1-07
I have done much trial and error finding my way in recovery and my experience with relapse mode has been when I become constantly agitated, borderline angry and just not comfortable in any situation. For me this has happened when i back off with my meeting schedule and early on in my recovery it was a daily battle not to isolate! I spent the last 3 years of my using in complete isolation!  rarely left my room and  never left my house, my shit was delivered right to my bedside. It was a HUGE! problem and daily battle just to get up and go to a meeting then the minute I returned home I struggled to not go to my room and shut the door. As Susan says "Little by slow" I have learned to not! sit alone in my room in fact now my door is always open and I smoke outside! I do not go in there until it is bed time. I would get STUCK! in there for days at a time. Freedom from this is such a huge blessing. I have had my absolute fill of the relapse mode so I do not waver from my regular meetings, service etc. I choose freedom! I have learned what works for me and what does not.
With Love and Fellowship
Linda

Offline dolphin69

• I'm New Here
Thanks Linda - that's exactly what I need to focus on - not isolating [at work or home.]
My spouse is tired of all my attempts and doesn't feel like offering positive feedback - but I learned I need to EARN it!

Will try to keep this in mind for next 24 hours [day at a time]

Mark