NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Author Topic: A Few For Those With Multiple Years Clean  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Gemm

• Old_Timer
  • cleandate - Aug 14, 1987
A Few For Those With Multiple Years Clean
« on: January 17, 2013, 07:45:36 PM »
I've had these running around in my head for awhile and decided that maybe I need to just get them set down for consideration.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What does the idea "the further you are from your last one the closer you are to your next one" mean to you and how do you guard against it?

How do you think a person's clean time can actually be a detriment rather than an asset in their recovery?

What impact do you feel that your clean time affects your ability to admit you are wrong or that you need help?

How do you feel complacency is an enemy of those with substantial clean time?

Do you find that you are more likely to make an excuse rather than take responsibility for your actions because you don't want to look "weak" or "less than" to others around you because of your clean time?  What can you do to change that?

Have you felt less or more like you really belong the longer you have been around? How does this affect your willingness to keep involved in your sponsor, your home group and your area?

How important is it to continue to work the steps after you have worked them the first time? Why do you feel this way?

Do you find that the longer you are clean there are topics you tend to avoid, either in meetings or with your sponsor, so that you don't appear to be less "recovered" than you think you should look with your clean time?

As you have been clean longer, do you have a sense that just because you have the time that others should look up to you or blindly follow whatever you say? How does it make you feel if they don't?

That's all - for now anyway. If I get any more bouncing around in my "brain" I'll add them another day.  :roflmao:

:hugs:

Unity begins with U-N-I; when one of us is missing both of us will die. Don't let the life NA gave you keep you from service to NA.

Offline ladyj / mabear

Re: A Few For Those With Multiple Years Clean
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 08:23:27 PM »
 :P :P :P :P :P :wtf: :slapfight: not nice good questions but i know hp .... shit im screwed
   love your sponsee
NA
Never Alone
Never Again
unless you choose

Offline Gemm

• Old_Timer
  • cleandate - Aug 14, 1987
Re: A Few For Those With Multiple Years Clean
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 09:25:46 PM »
Well Joyce, if the shoe fits... LOL  :roflmao:   I was actually thinking of things I've had to deal with myself as I've grown in my recovery, but they do fit many other addicts as well.

Love you too hun and miss ya - your sponsor

:hugs:   :grouphug:
Unity begins with U-N-I; when one of us is missing both of us will die. Don't let the life NA gave you keep you from service to NA.

Offline HopeisFound

• clean Date- 9-1-07
Great topics Gemm, thank you for posting!

It is VERY! important to me! These steps have to become a part of me and how I move thru my every day life. For me this program is not something i do once then i am done. The steps keep me in balance and help to keep my mind open to learn new things. The steps teach me how to live with a clean mind, body and soul. Practice is the key for me. I have a very bad memory,,,,brain damage from long term daily drug use plus my age is also a factor so i keep centered in the steps on a daily basis. Every single day i pick a principal and look for ways to practice it. Working with sponcees is also a blessing for me, for many reasons but 1 is that I get to go thru the steps with them. When working with others I do do the work with them! I do not just tell them what there home work is,,,I do it with them and I get to see how my understanding of the steps has changed.
With Love and Fellowship
Linda