NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Author Topic: stress  (Read 4164 times)

Offline justincl90

stress
« on: May 06, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »
Hi everyone im new to this group.. ive been clean almost four months now and the whole time my stress has been over the top and idk how to get it to stop.. advice anyone

Offline Lon

• Snivel Rights
  • Administrator
  • Old_Timer
  • More is revealed every day.
    • April 14, 2014
    • NA-Recovery.org
Re: stress
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 11:10:03 PM »
Welcome justincl90  :hugs:

I hope you are going to local NA meetings. Staying clean on willpower alone sucks. Being clean, at first is an emotional roller coaster. After some stepwork..with guidance from a sponsor... it does get better. The steps free us from our past, so we may live in today.

Recovery is a far different thing from simple abstinence. Recovery means we get to live, instead of fighting to just exist.
"In this program, the first thing we do is stop using drugs. At this point, we begin to feel the pain of living without drugs or anything to replace them. The pain forces us to seek a Power greater than ourselves that can relieve our obsession to use."
"Narcotics Anonymous" copyright by NAWS

Offline justincl90

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 09:06:28 PM »
I have recently went to another griup website as i have noticed there is never anyone here kinda annoying wen im trying to talk to the ppl now

Offline Kat

• Trusted Servant
  • Old_Timer
    • NA-Recovery.org
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 05:10:57 PM »
Glad you are getting to meetings Justin, no matter where.  Certain times of day are busier in chat, especially around meeting time and early in the morning.  Sorry you did not find anyone when you came in.  Hopefully you found a good face to face group to talk to as well.  I hope to meet you sometime.   (((( hugs )))))
"FAITH is when you have come to the edge of all the light that you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown... Faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly."

Offline mindylawson

• I'm New Here
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 05:35:18 AM »
i feel that stress can be a trigger but if you go to meeti

Offline Shaky

• I'm New Here
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 11:55:27 PM »
well its really hard iv found walking. just take off walking it gives u time to think