NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Author Topic: Recovery Quotes  (Read 5905 times)

Offline Kat

• Trusted Servant
  • Old_Timer
    • NA-Recovery.org
Recovery Quotes
« on: July 07, 2009, 10:07:40 PM »
Post a quote from our lit that speaks to you today.  Talk about what it means to you or how you use it in your daily life.
"FAITH is when you have come to the edge of all the light that you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown... Faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly."

Offline Rae

• Clean date: January 2nd, 2008
    • NA Recovery
Re: Recovery Quotes
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 12:44:24 AM »
This is actually a repunctuation of something Kat said in the meeting tonight...

"H.O.W... It will come."

Basically, a reminder for me to be patient, even if I'm not feeling especially "HOW-y" today, it will come, if I keep coming back.

Offline HopeisFound

• clean Date- 9-1-07
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 09:13:01 AM »
Turning it over!

Whew! this is a biggie for me right now! Had to be driven home yesterday from the meeting I was soooooo sick to my stomach and my dear friend told me that it was stress that was causing this and I had to agree! at that moment i realized that I must put this in Gods hands and whatever will be, will be! Turn it over to God!
I am so grateful to be back to work in the industry that I have worked my entire life, plus! for a Man that knows my entire history and is willing to give me a chance to regain some of my dignity. I always Loved my work and was very good at it but I get sooooooo fearfull, soooooo stressed that I will not measure up! That i will make a mistake, that I will NOT, the list goes on and on! I know in my heart that God put me there for a reason. Since I have been there 3 people have been let go, there are 30 people in the office, and I can't help but wonder if I am next to get the ax. I have also heard myself thinking that If I AM let go I would never be able to hold my head up again and how would I survive that? sigh, It's no wonder I am sick LOL in more ways than one! Anyhow, I woke up this morning and prayed that Gods will, not mine be done. I know I must go to work and do the very best I can and not trip on the out come, it's in Gods capable hands. Today my montra will be, I will turn it over!
With Love and Fellowship
Linda

Offline recovery

• Trusted Servant
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 10:32:25 AM »
Honesty, for me that starts with self because if I am lying to me then how is whats coming out of my mouth to others the truth.

Open mindedness, this is when I can hear things I need to hear whether it be from a piece of NA literature or in person

Willingness some times this can be tough for me sometimes I have to ask god for the willingness because I am not always eager to do the things that I know need to be done
recovery offers us the promise of freedom from active addiction but to get that promise takes effort on our part

Offline Kat

• Trusted Servant
  • Old_Timer
    • NA-Recovery.org
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 02:27:02 AM »
H.A.L.T.  Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired. 

This one is one I need to apply in my life more, lately especially, since I seem to be so volatile to begin with, due to the changes in my life and the surgeries and finally the relapsing on pain killers.  If I am to succeed in this program, I need to go back to the basics.  This is about as basic as it gets.  If I am any one of these things, and usually I am several of them at once, sometimes ALL - just doing something about these basics of self-care will help me be better able to deal with everyday life, and also with the harder days. 
"FAITH is when you have come to the edge of all the light that you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown... Faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly."