NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Author Topic: The Getting to Know You Game  (Read 8554 times)

Offline Kat

• Trusted Servant
  • Old_Timer
    • NA-Recovery.org
The Getting to Know You Game
« on: December 14, 2013, 10:21:58 AM »
his game is a series of random questions to help us get to know each other, and have some fun.

To answer the question, follow these steps:

1.  Find the original window of the question you wish to answer.  In the far right, above the question, find a button that has a couple of quotation marks within it.  Click on that to create a quote.

2.  You should see the question quoted now in the quick reply window.  Press enter a couple of times to and then type in your answer.

"FAITH is when you have come to the edge of all the light that you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown... Faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly."

Offline Kat

• Trusted Servant
  • Old_Timer
    • NA-Recovery.org
Re: The Getting to Know You Game
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 10:46:46 AM »
1) Are you a morning or night person?
"FAITH is when you have come to the edge of all the light that you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown... Faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly."

Offline Kat

• Trusted Servant
  • Old_Timer
    • NA-Recovery.org
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 10:47:24 AM »

Definitely a night person.

Offline benana

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 02:07:43 PM »

morning
"A spiritual understanding of self-acceptance is knowing that it is all right to find ourselves in pain, to have made mistakes, and to know that we are not perfect."
-IP #19, Self-Acceptance

Offline Kat

• Trusted Servant
  • Old_Timer
    • NA-Recovery.org
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 08:07:33 PM »
2)  How long could you go without talking?

Offline Kat

• Trusted Servant
  • Old_Timer
    • NA-Recovery.org
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 08:10:17 PM »
2)  How long could you go without talking?

If there were people around me, not long...haha.   It feels too awkward and uncomfortable to me. 

Offline benana

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 09:43:23 PM »
I barely said a word today at work. Sometimes silence is great. Other times talking is appropriate.

One time my first sponsor told me to shut up for two weeks and just listen to everyone else. I'm thankful to him for it. Maybe I'll do it again some time soon.
"A spiritual understanding of self-acceptance is knowing that it is all right to find ourselves in pain, to have made mistakes, and to know that we are not perfect."
-IP #19, Self-Acceptance

Offline Kat

• Trusted Servant
  • Old_Timer
    • NA-Recovery.org
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 09:19:03 PM »
3.  What chore do you absolutely hate doing?

Offline Eggbeater

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 07:15:48 AM »
3.  What chore do you absolutely hate doing?

I hate picking up the dog poop in the yard!  We have 3 large dogs and a fairly small yard and it gets out of control and turns into "dog poop yard" very quickly!

Offline benana

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 12:18:00 PM »
when it comes to my own space i hate cleaning it up. fine with cleaning any shared space, but i *hate* going through my own stuff, sorting it and throwing stuff away
-IP #19, Self-Acceptance

Offline Ted b

• Trusted Servant
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 05:06:35 PM »
morning
I am a morning person now...it wasn't always that way. I used to think that I was a night owl, that somehow being nocturnal was my nature... not true - I guess I could go either way
He who shall, so shall he who

Offline Ted b

• Trusted Servant
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 05:11:12 PM »
If there were people around me, not long...haha.   It feels too awkward and uncomfortable to me.
I could go for a very long time not talking but I could not ingore someone else...I have experienced that and I would never ever do that even to my worst enemy

Offline Ted b

• Trusted Servant
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 05:15:36 PM »

I hate picking up the dog poop in the yard!  We have 3 large dogs and a fairly small yard and it gets out of control and turns into "dog poop yard" very quickly!
Grocery shopping....I have to eat but I can not stand the whole progression - buying, storing, preparing, serving, cleaning up, saving unused food.  All that is an occupation in is't self

Offline Kat

• Trusted Servant
  • Old_Timer
    • NA-Recovery.org
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 01:40:01 PM »
4.  What is a pet peeve of yours?