NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Author Topic: Starting over yet again  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Casey

• I'm New Here
Starting over yet again
« on: January 30, 2015, 11:25:16 AM »
Hello,
I am once again starting over after a relapse.  I am in need of support and ideas to help stay clean.
  Glad to be here ..... Casey

Offline Sean_A

• Administrator
  • Old_Timer
Re: Starting over yet again
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 10:12:59 PM »
glad you found us keep coming back Hugs
"Narcotics Anonymous offers only one promise and that is freedom from active addiction, the solution that eluded us for so long." Basic Text, p.102

Offline osbraa

• Grateful to have found this fourm!
    • 11/1/2006
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 09:32:49 PM »
 Hello Casey,
A few suggestions I took and found helpful, go to 90 meetings in 90 day, get some phone numbers (and use them), find a sponsor, find a home group, get involved with your recovery, and most important “DON’T USE NO MATTER WHAT!” Glad you found NA! ((HUGS))
Edwin   :)
The promises is freedom and the messages hope ((HUGS))

Offline Ted b

• Trusted Servant
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 04:02:09 PM »
Welcome back Casey :) I hope to meet you in the chat room
He who shall, so shall he who

Offline jenniferj

• I'm New Here
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 12:27:40 PM »
Welcome back, I'm new here but I'm a chronic relasper. Tried to get clean and stay clean many times, but never had any actual recovery program. So I just had a few days / mo the that I didn't pick up . The only thing that I can tell you that works for me, is to go to meetings, and talk about the problems in my head. Because the first secret I keep is the next reason i relapse.

Offline livelife

• I can't, we can
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 12:39:04 PM »
Please remember... You are not alone! Not the only one! And if you stay clean, you will feel a little better every day! And, this too shall pass! I have experienced what you are feeling right now. More than once. Practice the basics. Practice spiritual principles like honesty, forgiveness of self, and Edwin listed a few things you might wanna try. You are in my prayers. Welcome Back! CR

Offline judy fuston

• I'm New Here
    • 17 days now
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 11:12:19 AM »
I am new and looking forward to all the encouragement in staying clean. Just to start life again without depending on drugs and hiding behind them when I have a problem. I have been clean now for 17days I feel better about myself and can do more with my babies! Thank u Lord for giving me the strength to want to get clean and get my life together!!

Offline Sean_A

• Administrator
  • Old_Timer
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 04:11:55 PM »
welcome home all will be well just keep coming back Hugs  :flashwelcome:
"Narcotics Anonymous offers only one promise and that is freedom from active addiction, the solution that eluded us for so long." Basic Text, p.102