NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Author Topic: New to this  (Read 1406 times)

Offline Ddevereaux13

• I'm New Here
New to this
« on: October 17, 2015, 09:32:45 PM »
Hey, I am totally new to this whole online meeting forum so bear with me. My name is Dannielle and I am an addict recently out of a rather long stint in rehab, trying to keep myself from not going out and using. This is like the hardest thing I've ever done. I am so grateful for finding this because where I live currently 24 hr. NA meetings are non existent. I just need to know some one is out there to help me when I am unable to get to a meeting and having a hard time. I see there is ALOT to this; profile, nickname, chat rooms, etc... Is there some one who could break this down for me and help a new comer out?
The time I spent in treatment was so scheduled and disciplined, now I am out it's up to me to fill in my time with the tools I learned, but my disease wants me to feel lost. I keep myself so busy I am exhausted mentally. I was so used to going fast, Opiates, etc... to keep me going for as long as I could stand it and if I did not want to stop I did not have to. I did renew my Spiritual connection while in treatment and I read recovery literature daily, but my head and body are finding it difficult to slow down. I do not want to relapse, I want and need this, but am scared. Dannielle