NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Author Topic: Heart Broken  (Read 1765 times)

Offline batts

• I'm New Here
Heart Broken
« on: December 16, 2015, 12:44:12 AM »
Hello everyone.  I just need some advice and I just dont know who to turn to...
I was with my boyfriend for a few years.  He was with me during my addiction as well as when I got sober 10/26/14. He is what some call a normie (not an alcoholic or an addict) and has always been extremely supportive of what I was going through and was always right by my side.

Well a few months ago I slipped up and relapsed (just once) and ever since things have gone down hill with us.  He no longer believes that I am serious about being sober and does't think I want to be sober.  THAT IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT I WANT !!! About two weeks ago he broke up with me and left.  We had a life together, our own house, a dog.  No kids but we were planning on it. 

I have tried explaining to him that I made a mistake and I am still very serious about being sober.  One slip up and my entire life fell apart...

I am so hurt and broken and I am having a very hard time letting this go and an even harder time moving on.  Even though I am the one that made the mistake and I take full responsibility for it, I am just having a hard time getting out of the pity party and getting myself down for messing up and loosing him.  The truth is...I am very regretful and feel as if there is no up from here and I don't know what to do anymore.  I can't seem to refocus myself and snap out of this slump I am in...any advice ?

Offline recovery

• Trusted Servant
Re: Heart Broken
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 09:35:40 PM »
Batts welcome sorry it took so long for a response I just saw it  if your not yet attend some local meetings and talk about it I suspect that you will find a lot of support if you don't know where local meetings are go to www.na.org  I have been through a brake up that hurt very much and had to talk about it and pray about it and finally came to a point where I could accept that it was over hope this helps
recovery offers us the promise of freedom from active addiction but to get that promise takes effort on our part