NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Author Topic: DRAMA IN RECOVERY HELP  (Read 2834 times)

Offline lungile luthuli

• I'm New Here
DRAMA IN RECOVERY HELP
« on: December 28, 2015, 05:58:19 AM »
Hi everyone I am still with no sponsor so decided it best to ask here. I am new in n.a 2 months to be exact was definitely enjoying it. Till I saw lot of drama and negative vibes in one particular meeting. I am a female so I was told to do my recovery with them . Mission impossible I made only one friend and than couple of weeks I saw her acting funny towards me . She would chat her problems out to me virce  versa in social network. Than when we in meeting she would act like she didn't know me. I decided to drop that meeting and start a new meeting attendance which was hard but I couldn't be around that treatment. I blocked her on social media went on with life. A week later I get a call from her asking why i ve gone quiet told hercsnd she told me the gal she was having a lift from was saying I have an attitude. I got so angry I didn't know this gal now they were discussing me. I decided to let it go continue with my journey 3 days later I get a call from one of a friend in a same group asking me why did I speak about her to this friend. I did make amends and apologised although it wasn't something so bad. Let go moved with my life. Yesterday one of her friend same group calls me about some drama of me kidnapping a new comer. Turned out the new comer used my name to her family and the crazy clan that she was hanging with me which was a lie.now my question out of all this drama I feel so exhausted of their dramatic world today I 've decided to visit the group in s long time which I am puzzled if i should or not. My question I want to speak out and let this people know i don't need drama and prefer my drama less world and if it not spiritual it definitely not practical.what would u say if u were me?

Offline Lon

• Snivel Rights
  • Administrator
  • Old_Timer
  • More is revealed every day.
    • April 14, 2014
    • NA-Recovery.org
Re: DRAMA IN RECOVERY HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 12:02:46 PM »
I would say your disease is talking to you. All humans have defects, even you and me. If we expect perfection from ourselves or others - it's a setup for failure...the disease talking us into being apart from NA instead of being "a part of"..which has ended up being a death sentence for many of us.

Keep going to meetings - get the sponsor and work the steps.

And a side note: When I was new the people I chose to hang with were the people I was comfortable being around. The problem with that; as an addict I was comfortable with some pretty sick behaviors.

Try talking to and hanging out with the old timers who make you uncomfortable. They didn't get that clean time as a random thing that just happened, something is working for them.

:hugs:
"In this program, the first thing we do is stop using drugs. At this point, we begin to feel the pain of living without drugs or anything to replace them. The pain forces us to seek a Power greater than ourselves that can relieve our obsession to use."
"Narcotics Anonymous" copyright by NAWS