NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Author Topic: Relapse  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Babyy.C

• I'm New Here
Relapse
« on: January 04, 2016, 09:45:16 PM »
New to this message board thing. I am 23 years old and been an addict since the age of 16. At 18 I found myself in prison serving a 2 year sentence for drugs. I was released in 2013 and managed to stay clean up until a few months ago. I always thought I could do it without meetings or a support group. That worked for a little while then I got the feeling of being bored of the sober life and an emptiness inside me. I relapsed on heroin 3 months ago and went off the deep end. Everything in my life became about getting the next fix. I became even more worse than I was before I was incarcerated. I recently started suboxone and haven't used in 6 days. Thank you Lord. I just wanted to give this NA thing a shot and do it right because I know people who have stayed sober for 10 or more years thanks to this program. I want to stay clean this time so I am willing to put my all into learning the ways of NA and just having people to talk to would be nice also.

Offline rider

• Trusted Servant
  • All rise to the point of Freedom
    • 2-2-90
Re: Relapse
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 06:52:12 AM »
welcome , stay close to the NA fellowship
if you need help in finding local meetings , we are happy to help you find them

Offline p1ece0fm1nd

• clean and serene
    • 05/06/2017
Re: recovery in a hurricane
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 03:22:29 PM »
I am prepared for what's coming our way with Irma.Been saving our gas as my wife has a serious medical condition and need to be ready to travel. So I'm trying this on line N/A way till the storm passes. Looking foward to my first on line meeting tonight .I have my clean time and my higher power to help me through this difficult time. I know that using won't make anything better,just the opposite. So to all my fellow addicts that are in Irma's path,be safe and smart.

p1ece0fm1nd