NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Author Topic: New person  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Andrea77

• I'm New Here
New person
« on: January 02, 2017, 04:10:07 PM »
Hi, my name is Andrea, just wanted to say hi, I'm new to NA, this is my first time using this website at all so I don't really know how it works or what to expect. Anyhow, hi everyone.

Offline Eggbeater

Re: New person
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 12:16:56 AM »
Welcome Andrea!  I'm Lillie, an addict in Virginia.  I am glad you found us.  Here is a  Link to NA Recovery's chat room if you'd like to come meet us and say hello.  We are now open 24 hours although you may need to wait a little while for someone to pop in.  Our busiest times are around our online meeting times at 10 pm EST every night. 

We also encourage newcomers to go to local meetings.  Here is the  Link to Narcotics Anonymous' Official Website where you can find out more information about NA and find out where the meetings are in your area. 

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Hugs!
Lillie
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:22:43 AM by Eggbeater »

Offline Kat

• Trusted Servant
  • Old_Timer
    • NA-Recovery.org
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 07:03:43 PM »
 :flashwelcome:      :grouphug:

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to our online recovery family!  I look forward to getting to know you here, and/or in the chat room. 

Kat
"FAITH is when you have come to the edge of all the light that you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown... Faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly."

Offline recovery

• Trusted Servant
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 02:23:24 PM »
hi Andrea welcome glad you r reaching out if you aren't already I hope you give yourself a break and go to some local meetings if you  need help finding local meetings let us know hope to see you in chat and get to know you more
recovery offers us the promise of freedom from active addiction but to get that promise takes effort on our part