NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Author Topic: new to this way of meetings  (Read 291 times)

Offline p1ece0fm1nd

• clean and serene
    • 05/06/2017
new to this way of meetings
« on: September 08, 2017, 06:28:06 AM »
I am kind of lost in this whole on line way of meetings.Looking for a way to introduce myself and add my clean date on here. How and where do I do this? ;D
p1ece0fm1nd

Offline vito

• I'm New Here
Re: new to this way of meetings
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 07:16:51 AM »
hi im new to this also ... in the same boat.,But glad to have aplace to come

Offline Caring52

• I'm New Here
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 10:35:55 AM »
I am new here too.  Still trying to find my way around the site.  I am trying to stay clean off of heroin-snorting, no needles.  It has been a complete struggle for me.  I haven't gone a week without using at least once during the week. 
I am on suboxone, which may be "cheating", but I know enough about myself to know that I have to take this recovery very slow, and get my life back on track before I even think about going completely clean. 
Every week I start off great...I am determined NOT to use-to finally complete one week of non use.  However, the urge to use comes on so strong that it almost drives me crazy.  I now know the importance of attending meetings and I am going to my first one this week.  I just don't know how to deal with that nasty urge to use that keeps popping up.
I am 52 years old, have a great job, never married and no children.  I know this sounds kind of cheesy, but I have serious issues about never being married and no children.  I feel like such a loser and its the main reason why I started using in the first place.  I haven't found a way to clear away this junk thinking and get on with my life.  I am hoping this site can supplement in person meetings and be a place I can post when I feel the strong urge to use.

Offline Atm142

• I'm New Here
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 01:33:14 PM »
I'm fairly new too its useful though for people like me who don't drive and have a hard time getting around. Hope you stick around nice to have people to talk to.