NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Author Topic: "Zapping" after 24 hours of abstinence  (Read 94 times)

Offline schleprock

• I'm New Here
"Zapping" after 24 hours of abstinence
« on: September 14, 2017, 11:02:44 PM »
My friend has used meth, pretty much daily, since she was 13. She is now 35. She does claim to have had a 9 month period of sobriety but the story sort of varies, so who knows. She might not even know.

Anyway, she is trying to quit. She went about 24 hours and then used again, one time, and has not used since. I asked her what she thought made her use again, so we could figure away around that trigger. She said it is this "zap" or "misfire" in her head.

I am a drunk who quit 9 years ago, I don't know anything about "zaps" but I can help here figure out how to work her way around triggers.

Is there a vitamin or herbal remedy she can use to stop or lessen the zapping?

What else should I know? Is there like an Quitting Meth 101 book or something. Or a website that is particularly helpful.

She and I are both Christians, she believes God will get her through this. I think God may have put NA meetings there to help him with that but until she sees it that way, all I can do is give her the help that she will allow me to give her.

Anyway, what do I do about "zaps"?

Thank you

Additional information:
I said one time and then quit again. Her regular habit is to use in the morning, on breaks at work, and in the evening.   (I know her through work)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 11:21:39 PM by schleprock »