NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Introductions and Celebrations! / Re: Newbie to online meetings
« Last post by LaneyD on August 19, 2017, 01:00:27 AM »
 Hi!  My name is Laney, and I am also new on here! I've been reading people's stories on here for quite a while, and am glad to finally have the courage to talk to you all. I'm an alcoholic, and talking To others on here will be of great help as I am very shy....and maybe I can be of help to some one else! So it's great to meet you Rachel, and the rest of you!!
By Young Addicts, For Young Addicts / Re: Heart Broken
« Last post by recovery on August 16, 2017, 09:35:40 PM »
Batts welcome sorry it took so long for a response I just saw it  if your not yet attend some local meetings and talk about it I suspect that you will find a lot of support if you don't know where local meetings are go to www.na.org  I have been through a brake up that hurt very much and had to talk about it and pray about it and finally came to a point where I could accept that it was over hope this helps
Our Stories / New Member and Struggling
« Last post by quinnjames00 on August 15, 2017, 10:47:48 AM »
Hey all, my name is Quinn, and I'm new here. I am a trans man and an opiate addict, and trying desperately to recover. I lost my mother last week to cancer, so this has kind of set me back a bit. Hope to make some friends here and get support.
Ask It Basket / NA for English Speakers in United Arab Emirates??
« Last post by librarian11111 on August 06, 2017, 06:24:04 PM »
Good afternoon all.
I am an addict and I'm considering moving to the United Arab Emirates to teach English as a Foreign Language.
Since I can't speak Arabic, I'm wondering if any of you know if there are any NA groups for English Speakers in the United Arab Emirates? I couldn't move there unless there were such groups
I sent an email to an NA group in UAE asking this question and never got a response.
Thanks to all who read and/or respond to this message!

--Librarian11111
Am I an Addict? What is NA and how can it help me? / Re: Am I am an addict?
« Last post by choicesgifts on July 25, 2017, 01:01:32 AM »
You are doing great work and really it will will help people who want get rid off from addiction, but you should also work on social media for better results.
« Last post by recovery on July 17, 2017, 09:04:20 PM »
my name is MaryJo but most people on here call me mj I am glad you found us nice to meet you
Our Stories / Re: New member frustrated venting.
« Last post by Atm142 on July 12, 2017, 01:39:24 PM »
Sorry I haven't wrote in awhile my laptop crapped out so I'm posting from my very unhelpful phone. Still 'clean' still on drt. I wanted to share a very neat though very corny exercise I discovered while reading some psychology texts. I find it pretty useful in calming me down and helping me move on but again it's corny as heck. Maybe it can help someone else too.

When I'm feeling anxious or guilty and maybe a panic attack coming on I picture myself as a child sitting there trembling and I say all the things I wish someone would say to me. During this time I remind myself these minutes are dedicated to me being anxious and it is totally fine to feel this way but I remind myself that when the time passes I need to pick myself up and focus on something positive.

Pretty corny right? It also makes me think about what and how I talk to my daughter as she grows though.

Anyway, my second dad just passed away from lung cancer so after I bury him on Friday I'm going to redouble my efforts on quitting nicotine. I realize now I use cigarettes as an outlet for my anxiety.

And sure, I am looking for ways to fix my brain but there is no permanent fix. I'm just looking for ways to make it through each and everyday without harming myself or anyone else and staying a contributing positive member of society.
« Last post by Kat on June 23, 2017, 12:35:01 AM »
Welcome to our online recovery family!  I am happy to meet you!

:flashwelcome:       :grouphug:
Introductions and Celebrations! / Newbie to online meetings
« Last post by Bronx Rachel on June 19, 2017, 01:51:44 PM »
Hi I"m Rachel and I'm an addict!  This is my first time using NA online.  Thank God it is NA I am using today!  My anniversary date: 04 SEP 1995.
Chat Room and Website Support / Re: link to new site
« Last post by IrinaKeck on June 15, 2017, 04:59:08 AM »
Looking forward to try that new site...
Though I'm patient, I will wait here. But how long it would take? Can someone tell at least a preliminary date?
Regards.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10