NA-Recovery.org - Addicts helping addicts recover - the Narcotics Anonymous way

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Introductions and Celebrations! / Newbie to online meetings
« Last post by Bronx Rachel on June 19, 2017, 01:51:44 PM »
Hi I"m Rachel and I'm an addict!  This is my first time using NA online.  Thank God it is NA I am using today!  My anniversary date: 04 SEP 1995.
Chat Room and Website Support / Re: link to new site
« Last post by IrinaKeck on June 15, 2017, 04:59:08 AM »
Looking forward to try that new site...
Though I'm patient, I will wait here. But how long it would take? Can someone tell at least a preliminary date?
Regards.
Our Stories / Re: Newbie...Waiting to get into treatment...
« Last post by recovery on May 22, 2017, 09:53:37 PM »
hang in there and get to some local meetings you can find local meetings at www.na.org hope you will come in the chat room and talk to us
Our Stories / Newbie...Waiting to get into treatment...
« Last post by Whtlion73 on May 17, 2017, 11:08:40 PM »
I'm working on about 40 days clean. Been a rough ride. I've always been indepent ...as I was using..slowly destroying myself with hardcore drug use. Then lost everything after a serious car wreck. Didn't stop using until the humiliation of being homeless hit me..and w broken leg ! Thankfully started  to get help..Now living w family..waiting to get into inpatient treatment center.
I'm thankfull..but going crazy as a 40 plus yr old man..living w family.. Just get antsy waiting for a spot in treatment.
Ask It Basket / Re: What does the First Step mean to you?
« Last post by Wendy-Li on May 09, 2017, 04:13:33 AM »

For me, getting honest...with myself.  Answering that question that would lurk in the back of my mind after yet another sleepless night...maybe I AM an addict?  The realisation that no matter how good my intentions were each day I would always end up using. Admitting that I can't do this alone.
Tired of being tired
 Waiting for the comeback groove
 Give it up, let it go...
 Forever, maybe never
 Twirl around a sad old lie
 Refusal stakes it deeper
 Take take take but never give
 Will you sign the dance card Reaper?
 Tired of being the willing fool
 The double standard test
 Tired of all the clever lies
 Even broken fools need rest
 Dance with all the shadows
 The damage of pretend
 This tune must be forever
 It never seems to end
 Reaper won’t you dance with me?
 This broken fool needs rest
« Last post by hillbilly571 on May 05, 2017, 12:20:07 AM »

that first step means a lot to me. it means that i admitt i have a problem and accept that i have to change the things im doing, then things im thinking, and the people im hanging around. not an easy thing to admitt and take action on. i was used to doing things "my way" but that poinbt came when "my way" just wasn't working out so well anymore. i knew about the program and had been in and out of it several times over the course of several years but never for the right reasons. i wasn't here for ME. i was always here for someone else because they wanted me clean so i ddin't really put much into things and didn't follow the program the wasy its meant, i tried to tailor it to me. needless to say that didn't work out so well and it ddin't take long before i was using again. once i saw that i had a problem and became willing to change and started working the program i began to see progress. and i began to understand the program and the importance of the steps and their order

hope this helps
Joe
Chat Room and Website Support / Re: link to new site
« Last post by Lon on May 03, 2017, 12:44:34 PM »
It's a still a work in progress, real life takes precedence once again.
« Last post by recovery on May 01, 2017, 11:59:12 AM »
for me it meant that I couldn't use just one and stop no matter how hard I tried to I proved time and time again that I couldn't. the hard part of step on for me was grasping the fact that I wasn't responsible for the things I did in my recovery but my sponsor helped me see that if I was not getting high I wouldn't have done the things I did to get that fix id didn't matter what drug I used because a drug is a drug and I had to keep that in mind so that I didn't focus on well I didn't do that drug so maybe I am not an addict. I had lost the ability to know how to live in everyday life but  once I got to meetings they started teaching me.

hope this helps
MaryJo
In or Just Out of Treatment, Rehab, or Prison? / Re: For Those In Treatment
« Last post by recovery on April 29, 2017, 01:17:14 PM »
I wish you luck on your journey of recovery  hope you give yourself a brake  and get to some meetings this is a we program because we need each other because only an addict can understand another addict

with love

MaryJo
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10